Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
  • DW 2 Day Rally Vale of Glamorg: August 20, 2011 - August 21, 2011

• Signups have closed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Detecting Wales 2 Day Rally Outside Barry South Wales  (Read 14429 times)
JRD

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »

Rough and Ready for me (with a bit of Eric's creature comforts thrown in)  Cheesy

wyrd bið ful aræd - Fate is inexorable
parkijohn

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »

Rough it no problems with us.
romano-brit

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:02 AM »

SUCKS!!!! im not allowed to come to this again, well guytted

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
magpie
Rally attendee

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 01:48:15 PM »

Hi l live in barry & both l & the cardiff scan club have done a lot of land around here,so a bit of fore thinking here so that the rally is'nt a waste of money for those who want to attend, my question is simply this: has the farmer been asked if he's had detecting on his land before, because l hve turned up to other rallies in the past only to find my mate & me had either done or already had permission to detect the land, so the farmer can either be approached now if he has'nt already been or you could tell me the farm or even his name & l could give you the answer, the latter part regarding the name is purely based on trust alone.Thanks     
Zorro
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 02:38:37 PM »

rough and ready's good for me too Rob..........and's to the crack. any idea as to toilet facilities though?

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome 161 to 180)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »

Hi l live in barry & both l & the cardiff scan club have done a lot of land around here,so a bit of fore thinking here so that the rally is'nt a waste of money for those who want to attend, my question is simply this: has the farmer been asked if he's had detecting on his land before, because l hve turned up to other rallies in the past only to find my mate & me had either done or already had permission to detect the land, so the farmer can either be approached now if he has'nt already been or you could tell me the farm or even his name & l could give you the answer, the latter part regarding the name is purely based on trust alone.Thanks     

We know for certain that no rally has bee held on either of the Rally venue sites. Have they had detecting done on them ? One (500 acres) has had a couple of guys back an fore for the last few years. and the other 600 acres has had one guy (No longer detects) on and off for the last 5 years.

When a farmer tells me his farm is undetected, I take it with a huge pinch of salt.  I believe that finding a farm in the vale thats been undetected would be nigh on impossible.

Guys its like this, our two dayers are far more of a social occassion. If you happen to live local to the area we visit , theres always going to be the thought going through your mind " Do I have permission on here" . Dont forget , when we visit Somerset , Bristol or Hereford theres other members thinking exactly the same thing.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
daz

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 02:53:04 PM »

i have permission for roughly 500 acres just outside barry,it could very well be the same land.i am not atall bothered if it is.ive been goin there for nearly 3 years now and its still producing the goodies.theres allways something to find.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »

Good reply Rob - the last few years two dayers venues have had detectorists on them previously, yet we have produced a multitude of finds from Roman to Bronze Age to Hammered coinage. The two dayers give a good opportunity for a cracking social event for the active members of DW - if we make some decent finds from the fields then all well and good.

You are hard pushed to find any undetected land these days.  I can certainly confirm what Rob stated the farmers told us was entirely correct, as I was present at the time.

I have been a SCAN member for close to six years or so and in that time to the best of my knowledge SCAN has not visited either of the two day venues.

I am afraid we would not be able to send you the farmers name or venue Magpie. Thats something we do not do. If you are concerned that its a farm you may have already been on, then I would think its best simply not to sign up for the rally. As we have repeatedly proven though - no farm is ever done - especially not when its ploughed twice a year.

Cheers
Neil
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:14:01 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Zorro
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »

I didnt get a single signal for nealy 2 hours on the 2nd day of a 2 day rally once!!!!!
Rob's fault for making me drink all that beer the night before, forgot to switch my machine on.

Like some people have said, when someone tells me their land has never been detected on, i take a huge pinch of salt with that statement.
Likewise i have found hammered and seen a medieval annular brooch come from a site that has been "cleaned out".
 If you want a great social event with detecting thrown in i suggest putting your name down.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.
Marcus Aurelius (Emperor of Rome 161 to 180)
diggerdave1

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 05:30:13 PM »

im looking forward tooooo the social side ..afew cold1s  gulp! gulp! the crack Grin,,,,,
meeting up with fellow DW members and the Bonus of 2days detecting Grin......HAPPYDAYS........
nomad

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 06:08:47 PM »

for me the dw rallys are more social than all out detecting...i can do that on my own land...its a chance to chat to like minded people..have a laugh..and detect and maybe have the odd find....plus a chance too search in places that i dont have permission for....i for one cant wait...i just wont share a tent with taff!!!!!!!!!
reggie 1980

Garrett Ace 250

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 09:28:42 PM »

If its been detected before or not, im just happy to get outta the house for couple of hours and meet new people and enjoy my day out

2012 finds
buckles    5
gold         1
buttons    3
silver coin 3
goldcoin
hammies   
roman
pre dec    78
modern coinage £29.92p
foriegn coin  3
badges   3
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »

i'm ready and i'm rough ,lets have yeah Grin

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
DEADLOCK
Superhero Member

I am an AntiquiSearcher...

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 04:21:05 PM »

rough it every time.

Jon1987

From - Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire.

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 04:47:41 PM »

I'm up for roughing it.  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4