Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: some days are diamonds  (Read 3588 times)
raistlain

« on: February 04, 2016, 04:17:49 PM »

with the recent constant rain and lack of permissions not done much detecting latley except a few unproductive beach trips ( I will never get the hang of beaches  Embarrassed ) then suddenly whilst taking the dog for a walk today looking longingly at the surrounding fields I come upon a tractor with a very serious faced man behind the wheel . Out of shear desperation I walk over gain his attention and ask ...are you a farmer...yes he replies ....at this point I'm thinking ...he dosent look very friendly... but after a deep breath I blurt out all in one breath.... I've recently bought a metal detector but can't find any were to use it and I was wondering if you have any land I can have permission to detect on...to my totall suprise he replies.... as long as you close all gates after you and don't go on fields with crops in I've no objections you can have permission ....after I'd picked myself up off the floor from shock I ask ....what land is yours.... he jumps off the tractor takes me to the edge of the road and points as he says ....as far as you can see that way until you come to a stream...and that way right up to and including that hill over there...my eyes fell out of my head ha ha ha after thanking him whilst shaking his hand so much he must of though I was mad I realise my dog has got bored and gone home ha ha I soon followed him skipping all the way smiling like an idiot ...so goes to show never give up as the next permission can be just round the corner  Wink
Bill from Lachine

carpe diem = seize the day.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:29:45 PM »

Good going on the permission here's hoping you make some stellar finds.

Regards + HH

Bill
raistlain

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 04:35:12 PM »

thanks kind sir... to be honest just getting out and hearing a few signals will keep me smiling but obviously a nice find or two would be a bonus  Wink
Bill from Lachine

carpe diem = seize the day.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »

raistlain,

Any idea as to the history of that site?

Regards + HH

Bill
raistlain

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »

not at present as it was a purley out of the blue meeting with the farmer but a quick look on my maps show that there's mediaeval field systems and its covered in footpath's and what appears to be an old mill so hopefully there might be something interesting there  Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »

I was just going to say 'Now for a bit of research' you beat me to it Bill.
Nothing more disheartening than going out blind and coming home with nowt but bots (bits of old tractor)
Still, I must agree it would be nice to just get on a bit of well drained grass and hear a bleep or two.
Well done on permission. Fingers crossed.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

Rule of thumb racist lain, Unknown land, stick close to the nearest buildings.

Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 05:10:49 PM »

Well done Mister!  A bit of a tip for you, buy him a bottle of scotch, it really is appreciated and keeps him happy.
raistlain

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »

Rule of thumb racist lain, Unknown land, stick close to the nearest buildings.
[/quote
thanks Val there are a fair few buildings on the permission they look like stone cattle sheds and a cottage ruin with a walked off garden so I will head off to them first but honestly like you said a bit of dry land at last just hearing a few signals will lift me heart ha ha  Wink
raistlain

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 05:34:48 PM »

Well done Mister!  A bit of a tip for you, buy him a bottle of scotch, it really is appreciated and keeps him happy.

good idea I can get it and keep it in me car so its there when I bump into him thanks  Smiley
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 06:21:34 PM »

Yes,I agree100% on the other comments,do a bit of homework, get your self a good map,GOOGLE local history etc,and something that I have learned
"Assume nothing" and never discount anything !!!
Good hunting 👍
raistlain

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 06:35:10 PM »

thank you kind sir ....I've certainly learnt the ....never assume.... bit ha ha I was told a local beach never fails to give up finds from Victorian to present day ....after 3 days of virtually nothing detecting not even ringpulls  a man came over and said he's lived here all his life and never heard of anything being found since they built the new sea defences and covered it in gravel and sand years ago ha ha ha  Undecided
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »

Yes,but after the storms we've been having latley, it still might be worth having another "go"
After all he may have been a DETECTORIST !! and hellbent on keeping a a"giving up" beach to himself.... LOL..."nil desperandum "
Good hunting  👍
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »

Sorry about the typo in previous answer. It's this stupid auto word corrector, I must find out how to turn it off.

raistlain

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »

Sorry about the typo in previous answer. It's this stupid auto word corrector, I must find out how to turn it off.

never noticed it till you just said ha ha but I see what you mean ...auto correct has got me in a few embarrassing moments when I've sent txt's on my phone and emails ha ha  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal