Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PINPOINTER PROBES  (Read 5924 times)
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« on: June 27, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

OK   FOLKS   I AM  SEROIUSLY  THINKING  ABOUT  GETTING  A PINPOINTER  PROBE   AS IVE  NEVER USED  ONE   CAN  ANYONE  TELL  ME A GOOD   MODEL TO GET  ,,,,   AND  THE ROUGH  PRICE      THANKS Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Debbie

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »

I have the Garrett probe -it iis the best one on the market (IMHO) - it has a detection range of approx 2.5" - all you need. It is a tad pricey at around £84, but if you do go for this one you will wonder how you ever managed without it. Jeff Stock, Stephen King and Tyna each have one and wouldn't be without it now. It is really well made - the cheaper ones just about fall apart in your hand. Wink
mel

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:37:48 PM »

yep the garret probe that's the best one i've seen in action!....i bought one a few years ago, merlin or something it was called load a rubbish.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 03:27:35 PM »

I'm happy with the one I bought frm Joanallen. £20 reduced from £34. Not the Garrett I know but I ain't no millionaire yet. Can't justify such a high expenditure. £84 I think. Had no problems with it yet.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:37:37 PM »

Ive had a Scanmaster cheapy £26 for a few years now, and i use it all the time (i use an explorer pinpointing isnt one of its strong points)i have seen them for £19 on ebay.
not as good as say Garret or the whites you only get about an inch or 2 but can go as deep as 5 inchs on larger Iron but as long as you keep it dry and dont go digging holes with it there fine.

Few rallys ago i came across a fella who,d just lost his garret i could i wept for him  lol he went back to the area where he seen it last and it had gone ...Robbing buggers lol

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 01:30:29 PM »

That's another reason I wouldn't buy a dear probe. I'd leave it somewhere. I've left my £22 one twice. If it wasn't for Farmerphil it would still be in Raglan!
silky

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 02:14:20 PM »

i use the garratt probe ,saves alot of time for me . I know they are a tad expensive ,but they are sturdy and should last for years (wouldnt be without mine) providing their not immersed in water or used as a digging implement . if your pocket can stretch to it ,buy one you will not regret it.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »

MANY THANKS  TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THEIR  HELP  WITH THE  PINPOINTER  .......  I GOT  ONE TODAY   BUT THANKS  FOR  ALL THE ANSWERS     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 07:38:58 PM »

Which one did you get? The Ferrari Garrett? Or did you go for aomethng more sensible....like me....And by sensible I mean cheaper  Wink
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »

HAHAHA   NO   BUD   I GOT  THE GTS-PRO    HAVENT TRIED IT YET  BUT BEEN TOLD  ITS A GOOD  ALL ROUNDER   Grin Grin

Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »

It's happened to us all: you've found a great target under your coil, yet when you go to dig you can't find it. Your search coil is too big to search the sides of the hole, so you don't know whether the target is on the side of the hole or is deeper.
Pinpointer Probes are the answer. Simply turn on, adjust tuner control, scan, and pinpoint your target. The LED light and solid audio sound of the Pinpointer,some also vibrate,tells you when the waterproof probe has found your target.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
altinkum

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:25:55 PM »

i was thinking the same. pay a shed load for a detector and it cant pinpoint a signal and most thing's you cant find in the spoil are bit's of rubbish or airgun pellets but each to their own

explorers, my arse
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:32:35 PM »

i got  mine  for  less than  a quarter  of  that  price  flip     &*$   Grin    BARGIN

Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 08:55:49 PM »

i have been looking for a pinpointer dont no wot one to have yet...........
mike8547

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 08:57:39 PM »

i have the garret. very good, make finding the target a lot easyer

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal