Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Advance warning - next DetectingWales.com rally  (Read 23089 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2009, 12:35:09 PM »

May I suggest, that a representative of each club informs Geoff of any planned Rallys, this way clashes will not occur. It could also work the other way by DW letting clubs know about future arranged Rallys.

I suggest a volunteer from each club to come forward and keep the two way communication going.

I know that rare changed a rally date the other day so as not to clash with the Highbridge rally.

But lets not let this get into a muck throwing match guys, we're all taking part in the same hobby we should be helping each other out as much as possible.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Debbie

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »

Hi Rob
I'm happy to post Cardiff Scan dates - Geoff (Admin) is on board with an area on DW site for all clubs to post dates. I think a calendar is a good idea - especially if it is in permanent view on the Home page.
We need as many people as possible turning up to the DW rallies, as we don't want to be in a situation where Geoff is out of pocket - don't forget guys and gals, Geoff has to pay the farmer whether 1 person turns up or 40. Smiley
Well done on changing the date Digga Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 02:43:30 PM »

even with the date changed you will have to carry on without (em ware)me.much that i would love to be there as a regular detectingwales.com rally participate im in Calla bona, Majorca.......................................................... but you wont get rid of me that quick Grin im taking ANNS laptop. Wink Wink Wink Grin...........to keep in touch Wink
drayman
Rally attendee

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 02:54:58 PM »

You can add my name for that rally and I don't care what date it is on.

I decide where I go and I am grateful that I have the choice of venues

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 03:51:52 PM »

Is anyone able to say what general area the rally is likely to be held? (Are we talking over the bridge,
South Wales, Rhondda, Newport, Cardiff or whatever??)

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 03:55:07 PM »

Not over the bridge fella S wales area

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »

Well done Debbie . I will hang back to see if someone from RARE comes forward to volunteer, with Shelley 'in the way'  I dont know how mant meetings I can get to.

Malcolm.mtts

Every Day is a Lovely Day

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 04:02:15 PM »

Dig It (Aidie) said ... I am not trying to stir anything up but once a date is given to a D.W rally i think it should stand at that !It sounds like the old Club rubbish is taking over this site again !The way i look at it is you have a choice DW rally or club rally .THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

Well said.

DIGGA was good enough to find us a farm and organise a date with the farmer and if people decide to go or not is their choice as Aidie said.

So let's face reality ... a club has a rally and bbq on that day so the numbers may be down because of that.... so what?  There are far more people unable to attend because they are on holiday or away that weekend so should DIGGA change the dates yet again to suit them? ... Obviously not !!

Would DW change the start times of the rallies to 12.00 mid-day in future because many of the members who attend the rallies are from West Wales because they often have a 1 or 2 hour drive to get to the rallies? ... Obviously not !!

Days and times of rallies are being arranged for us and as Dig Itt (Aidie) said.. THE CHOICE IS YOURS if you go to them or not.

Money has been mentioned.... that is easy to resolve... if not enough people sign up for the rally ... CANCEL IT.... SO EASY TO DO.

Every Day is a Lovely Day
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »

I think  Sad we should stop this infighting its not doing any good for all the people on this forum wether your fom east or west !! north what differance doe,s it make the fact is Geoff Neil and Rob aided by the likes Millsey Digga Altinkum ect are trying to accomodate  everybody apparently some people think the forum should be perfect  Huh to these people I say look around you it,s an imperfect world  Roll Eyes further more when people complain they have,nt got any land to detect on it seems a bit of a contradiction to criticise the scheduling of rallys something akin to shooting oneself in both feet Grin Grin your doing a grand job boys  Wink Wink mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
mike8547

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

i hope to be there looking forward to it
Bob

« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 07:11:12 PM »

Pencil me in too please guys, I will be going on holidays but not positive of the date yet but I'll attend if I can.
Cheers
Bob
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »

Might be able to come if 2nd August is confirmed Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 09:43:18 PM »

HEY  ALL  ,,,,,,,,,,    NO  ONE  ASKED  ME TO CHANGE  THE  DATE  FOR THE   RALLY ,,,,,,,,  I DID IT  WITH  THE  BEST  INTENTIONS    SO  THAT  EVERYONE   MIGHT  HAVE THE CHANCE  OF   A     DW  RALLY ,,,,,,, I  ONLY  FOUND OUT THAT  RARE   HAD  A RALLY  THE  SAME DAY    SO I  TOOK IT  UPON MYSELF TO   GO  TO THE  FARMER AND  RE  ARRANGE THE  DATE   TO  MAKE  IT  EASIER  ON  EVERYONE  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   I  UNDERSTAND  THAT  THE  RARE  CREW  WANTED TO ATTEND   THEIR   OWN  RALLY      (which  is  fair  enough )    SO    I  MADE  IT  EASIER   SO  THAT  THEY  TOO   WOULD  NOT  MISS  OUT ON THE   DW   RALLY       Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »

Thank you very much digga for putting members straight.although i am disapointed that admin did not do it earlier.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:08:29 AM by Gadget(Ian) » Logged

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
romano-brit

« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2009, 06:27:51 AM »

well said malcum.nuts

so its over the bridge then, is is pasture or cropped land?

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal