Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I Just Been Burgled!  (Read 4404 times)
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« on: July 22, 2009, 03:12:01 AM »

I was woken at 3:00 AM by my youngest boy who said he could see torches and here people in the shed. Our shed ajoins the house. Seeing as this (Stupidly) is where I keep my detectors I was quickly dressed and downstairs post haste. The toe rags had jammed something against the back door and they made an exit through my alley. Two young hoodies. They dropped a box of books, dvds and bits and pieces in the garden and a black and decker power saw i the road. I ain't as quick as I used to be and they got away. Police are currently in my house. They arrived VERY quickly. My freezer is in my shed and the hoodies have emptied it of frozen chicken breasts and stuff like that. They have also taken half opened packets of frozen onions and apples and stuff like that!

But they left behind by metal detecting gear and several hundred pounds of fishing reels and stuff.

Good job I disturbed them.
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 04:09:05 AM »

TWATS............................ Angry Angry Angry
Hope they catch up with the buggars, I know what it's like to be burgled, happened to me and the missus while we were in bed.....................
never caught the BA***RDS tho......................... Angry Angry Angry

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:33:31 AM »

wow,   the bliddy sods,  good job the detectors didn't go Jon,  good job your son heard them too,  i hope they catch them and string them up mate,

Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:51:22 AM »

Jon,might be an idea to move tekkies & stuff or improve security incase they ever return!  Angry

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
hedgehog
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 05:52:04 AM »

That's horrible Jon, can't imagine what it's like, don't understand the food bit but move the detectors out they sometimes come back after the first recce! (Stig just beat me to it)
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 06:34:29 AM »

Well done Jon, good to hear that you frightened them away matIs it worth putting up a security light that activates when someone walks down the alley toward the shed?

Hope they get caught for everyone sake.

BB

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »

sorry to hear about that bud bk 2 years ago someone tryed to get in my house..  But back 2 years ago I used to get up in the middld of the nite and get something out of the frige and go back to bed but this nite I got food and sat on the floor next thing I saw was someone climbing on the window I got up opened the backdoor and he ran off but he left his dog behind so I ring the cops they came took one look at the dog and said thanks we know who it is but cant find him 2 days after the cops came back and said they got him................  Next time we wont be so lucky a jon..........
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 07:25:00 AM »

When I lived in Spain we had a spate of burglaries and all the toerags were stealing was food from the fridges and freezers, they were eventually caught and it turns out that the thieves were Romanian gypsies who came to Spain looking for work and not being able to find any jobs and having no money they decided that the cheapest way to eat was to break into peoples apartments and pinch anything they could eat. In fairness to them they never stole anything else....just food.

Sound familiar?

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »

Thats terrible Jonola,  Angry Angry Angry Hope they are caught.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:00:31 AM »

Sorry to hear about the upset and inconvenience caused by the local scrotes.  Increase the security [talk to local crime prevention officer as to how].

The usual pattern is to return within a few days 3/4 to finish off what they missed, or to wait 2 weeks until insurance have paid out and then collect the goods second time round.

in meantime, ask your local neighbourhood watch guy to alert everyone to be on their guard, and to forward any info onto local police. spread the word around and let the scrotes know that you are seeking out info as to who done it.

in meantime bring all valuable stuff into the house and make sure you have recorded all ID numbers of the techie stuff plus taken photos of the eqpt.

take care

handyman

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 09:12:01 AM »

JON, Angry sorry to here about that m8,hope they catch who did it, i know where you live they get all sorts going on up there ,and the decent folks like you got to put up with the scum doing things like this Angry......hope you and your misses are ok m8. Wink
taffyphil
Rally attendee

minelab sovereign elite user, F.I.D.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:20:47 AM »

really sorry to hear that jon, and glad you and your family are ok, lets hope they catch the little shits.
waltonbasinman
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »

Sorry to hear about this Jon. Hope you and the family are not to shaken by the toerags.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »

SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT JON,,,,,,   THERES A LOT OF  THIEVING LITTLE BAS**RDS  ABOUT   WHO NEED A F** KIN  GOOD KICKIN  IF  YOU ASK ME BUD ,,,,,,,,,,,,  ONLY PROB IS  IF YA CATCH THEM AND GIVE  EM   A  BIT  OF A SLAPPIN ,,,,,, YOUR THE WORST IN THE WORLD  AND  END UP IN THE SHIT YOURSELF ,,,, YA  CANT WIN MATE ,,,,,,,, BEST THING TO DO IS  GET  THE TECTORS INDOORS   AND PUT  SOME EXTRA SECURITY ON THE SHED  BUD  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    KEP AN EYE OUT  IN CAST  THE  SCUMMY  LITTLE   ARSEWIPES  DECIDE TO RETURN ,,,,, AND IF THEY DO    TAKE THEM  AWAY  SOMEWHERE  NICE  AND  ISOLATED  ,,,,, AND    GIVE THEM ,,,     A BIT  OF A TALKING TO     Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 01:04:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that Jon ,

We bought my 7 yr old a Mountain bike end of march for her birthday, with myself and my wife not working at the momentand it being so close to Chrismas we couldnt really afford it, but you know what its like with kids, you dont want to disappoint them. Last week she came in for lunch and left her bike outside, we got steps out the front and she's not strong enough to carry the bike up the steps. 5 mins later ...it was gone!  Got in the car and looked everywhere..nothing.  She's heartbroken and I'm heartbroken for her.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal