Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Two silver and an injured back  (Read 4167 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: September 23, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »

Ouch..........Did I say Ouch ?  .....What I meant to say was OUCH!!!!    Had a slow start today , didnt get out until 5 and could not be bothered to take my bag, so put my bottle of pop in the back 'poachers' pocket of my camo. The finds were also slow coming up today with a smattering of coppers. I got to one part of the farm and decided to concentrate on a smaller area, thats when the two silver came up......I told you before George iii milled silver is following me. Anyway I decided to go home and worked my way back up towards the farm. The farmer had the electric fence across the field, now I thought they only give a tingle..........whap!!!!!!!! boy that hurt , thought my heart was going to stop. I decide now to hurdle...... Yes I know.... Taff Hurdling is like an elephant trying to ice skate, I caught my foot in the electric fence and realised that my....errrr lets say family jewels were going to be gently sauteed by the electric current, so I twisted and ended up falling on my back full weight on the bottle of pop...CRUNCH!!!!!! No not the bottle crushing as I initially though but my back giving out under the traumatising weight that was my body. No one around and no signal on the phone and I could not move . I was twenty mins like that in sheer white blinding pain. I eventually managed to get to my knees , then to my feet , gathered my detector and spade and literally hobbled bent in two back to the car. To embarrassed to call for help I drove home.......somehow and am now sitting here shook up and not feeling at all well. If it doesnt get any better its casualty for me tonight..........The real one , not watching the show.  Sad
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 10:35:10 PM by Tafflaff (5Rob5) » Logged

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
cronge (richard)

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 06:40:33 PM »

nice bit of silver rob, beats mine,i did once find a george 111 sixpence but sold it to a collector for £25,hope your back gets better soon.
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 06:41:41 PM »

TAFF if its that bad m8 get to hospital don't take any chances ???and i hope you will be ok m8, and the silver you found today well done,great Vicky & George 3rd .......... get you back checked if it is that bad m8 Wink
waltonbasinman
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 06:46:45 PM »

Hey Rob when I get a bad back I get the Mrs to put on her highest heels then let her walk all over me. Works a treat. Seriously mate Get it looked at you only ever have one spine and if its damaged treatment sooner rather than later is recommended.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »

Had a hot bath , easier getting out than in , so maybe its released something. Lets hope it improves.

Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »

What a SHOCKING story , hope your backs alright, now is the time to get in training for the London Olympics, perfect for the highjump.
MORAL of your tale , don't take SHORT (CIRCUIT) CUTS.
Seriously hope you feel better soon , could be some serious digging required in Llantwit , and your the man.
Nice finds though, well done.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:58:31 PM by crazyfach (mike) » Logged

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:13 PM »

Nice find Rob - bad news on the back though mate. I hope it starts to feel better soon - I used to find a hot Radox bath was good for mine and sleeping on the floorboards instead of my bed.

I am guessing that Friday may well be off unless you see some improvement mate.

Hope you are feeling better soon

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

I cant believe even the hospital were laughing about it  Cry. Wheres the sympathy gone in the world.

Muscle - soft tissue damage .  Ice packs followed my warmth and stretching exercises , keep mobile.  Good result cosidering the crunch I heared.

Jeffc

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 04:03:31 PM »

That's good ,Rob, glad it wasn't as bad as you feared. Sounds like daily detecting is required to keep you mobile as recommended (isn't mild electric treatment supposed to be good for healing??)
Merlin
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 06:01:09 PM »

On a serious note, I often go off walking for miles on my own and never take a mobile phone with me.I`ve always refused to have one.My missus goes mad.What I`m getting at it just goes to show how easy accidents happen.Now I`ll have to use one even if its just for walking on my own.
Ozzy Head

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 06:28:26 PM »

It sounds funny but I bet it was painfull and frightening. I always walk for miles on my own when caching but always take my phone and gps (obviously). The cache I did on the weekend though required flourecent jackets, saftey rope, walkie talkies and a lookout as it was on a ship wreck. I still managed to injure myself though....stabbed my walking stick into the mud and speared my little toe  Roll Eyes.
Hope your back gets better soon.
Jo

Metal Detectorists do it outdoors
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 06:40:56 PM »

Thanks for the tea and sympathy guys and gals.

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 07:01:44 PM »

sorry to hear about the tumble rob. hope u recover soon.

http://www.1backpain.com/back_exercises.htm

u can choose from a selection of these exercises to assist recovery. i always use the swiss ball to stretch out the spine.

cheers

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »

bump for handyman

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 09:30:04 AM »

ohh that was really a shocking experience Rob  lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal