Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
June 20, 2024, 10:56:01 PM
 Does anybody know anybody who values coins for Treasure Case purposes? Pls msg me. Thanks. Jon.
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: snow today  (Read 10499 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:47 PM »

great views up there m8 ,its where my lady is from .great views in the summer to. Smiley
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:49 PM »

yea it looks a lovely area hope to find my way up there sometime in the summer  DES
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »

all snow gone now in Cardiff,
terry
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »

Sorry guys,  I just put my old lap top on, i have not used it for almost a year,  I didn't realise it was an old post,  it makes good reeding though,
Kiwi Terry
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »

taken from the bbc website this afternoon -- cheers

Monday 4 January 2010 to Sunday 10 January 2010

More snow
Areas of sleet and snow will drift southwards across the UK during the first part of the week. At first, the most significant snowfalls are likely to be in Scotland and over the higher ground of northern England.

However, later in the week, the risk for more prolonged, heavy snowfall lies across many eastern and southeastern parts of the UK so we can expect some problems here with significant accumulations of snow likely to lead to some disruption.

Throughout the week, temperatures will remain well below the seasonal average with severe night frosts and daytime highs often remaining below freezing. Ice will continue to be a major hazard anywhere that rain, sleet or snow has fallen.

On the plus side, when it is not snowing, the air will be clean and clear with bright sunny spells, especially in more western areas.

Monday 11 January 2010 to Sunday 17 January 2010

Cold but often dry
High pressure to the west of the UK will maintain the northerly winds and intense cold for much of this period.

Some further snow showers can be expected, again mainly in northern and eastern areas but many inland areas are likely to remain mostly dry, with the best sunshine towards the west.

Monday 18 January 2010 to Sunday 31 January 2010

Little change at first
It will remain cold for the rest of January although there is a hint that temperatures may recover slightly towards the south and west eventually.

The weather will turn increasingly unsettled which may result in some further prolonged snowfalls - the west being more at risk during this time, although as temperatures pick up, southern parts could be more likely to see rain towards the end of the month.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

christ im doomed
SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »

Me & Jo went out this morning - the ground was too hard to dig so we gave up  Undecided

waltonbasinman
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 06:04:48 PM »

Got up at six this morning to light the woodburner and defrost the car for the school run and the snow and ice was like concrete and then the cold hit me. Checked the temperature and it was -11, bleeding hell -11 is this right, surely not but double checked and sure enough it was -11. After running the car for half an hour the car had still not started to defrost so had to resort to the scraper. Has not got above -4 all day. Oh for those balmy wet winters those were the days.   Grin
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 06:42:27 PM »

lol
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 06:55:09 PM »

Got up at six this morning to light the woodburner and defrost the car for the school run and the snow and ice was like concrete and then the cold hit me. Checked the temperature and it was -11, bleeding hell -11 is this right, surely not but double checked and sure enough it was -11. After running the car for half an hour the car had still not started to defrost so had to resort to the srubbisher. Has not got above -4 all day. Oh for those balmy wet winters those were the days.   Grin
Blimey Paul, where do live?!!

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
waltonbasinman
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 07:09:02 PM »

Up in the hills above Hay On Wye and its bleeding freezing tonight as well.  Undecided  The fore cast says its Snow and frost for the forseable so may have to go further afield to get some detecting done.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »

After just seeing the forecast i cant see anyone detecting till the weekend looking bad
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 07:17:20 PM »

Up in the hills above Hay On Wye and its bleeding freezing tonight as well.  Undecided  The fore cast says its Snow and frost for the forseable so may have to go further afield to get some detecting done.

I bet the views are wonderful though, that is rudy chilly mind Smiley

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 08:05:54 PM »

Global WARMING Cooling Huh is upon us ! We`re all DOOMED !  Shocked

"GLOBAL WARMING"  Tongue................ Bring it on i say !  Wink

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »

At 6 o clock this morning it was -9 in the garage so it was probably colder outside brrrrr wrap up warm and it is going to be like this till the end of the month at least
debs

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal